BETA Work Days Are Coming
We are just a few weeks away from the first official Barkeater Trails Alliance trail work-day of the 2014 season. The steering committee has been hard at work planning lots of projects for the upcoming season and it’s time to put these important dates on the calendar. Typically our work-days begin at 9:00 am and continue until about 3:00 pm or until the project is completed. Volunteers are encouraged to attend any portion of the work day. All experience levels are welcome. Participants may bring their own tools, or BETA tools will be provided. BETA work-days are a great way learn more about the trail system, meet other riders, and get out in the woods. Your help is absolutely critical to the continued success of our trails. If you don’t come and lend a hand, who will?
The 2014 work days are scheduled as follows:
- 4/27:Craigwood-We will create drainage and construct bridging on the section of trail built in 2013
- 5/18:Pisgah-Sculpt burms and put in tread for the new “gravity” trail
- 6/7:Pisgah-Finish "gravity" trail work
- 6/29:Wilmington-Improve the flow of the upper portion of “Poor Man’s Downhill”
- 8/17:Lussi Trails-Harden tread, construct bridging and smooth out tight turns.
- 9/14:Wilmington-Address any issues that arise during the season.
For information on exact meeting times, dates, and locations check back here often or send an e-mail to Matt Young firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also find us at our Facebook Page